The Town of Beech Mountain is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination. The Town will make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, gender, age, ethnicity, or disability. The Town of Beech Mountain participates in E-Verify.
The Town is now accepting applications for the following position(s). Below are listed the position(s) that the Town currently has available along with their job description:
Summer Camp Counselor:
A Buckeye Adventure Camp Counselor is responsible for planning, and leading programs while providing positive experiences for participants. They will also be responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants. The incumbent will provide high quality outdoor educational and recreational experiences for participants. All Counselors must participate in five days of training before camp begins.
- Organize and lead a variety of group activities each week. Activities may include crafts, nature, songs, games, opening and closing procedures, swimming, canoeing. This includes time spent on the bus.
- Communicate with parents about participant’s experiences and report concerns to Camp Leadership.
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance.
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Exhibit personal habits, health, dress, speech, table etiquette and relationships with other staff that serve as a beneficial model to campers.
- Help guide Junior Counselors to have a deeper understanding of leadership and counseling skills.
- Learn all opening and closing procedures for recreation facility.
- Upon hire, completion of First Aid and CPR certification or must be able to attend class on Beech Mountain.
- Experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Occasional weekend work or evening hours will be required.
All applications may be filled out and submitted online to
email@example.com or may to be mailed to:
Town of Beech Mountain
Attention: Jennifer Broderick Town Clerk / HR
403 Beech Mountain Parkway
Beech Mountain, NC 28604
More information may be obtained by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.