Job Opportunities: TOWN OF BEECH MOUNTAIN
POLICE OFFICER I
An employee in this class performs general duty law enforcement work in varied areas of the department. Work includes patrol, investigating traffic accidents, investigating criminal activity, serving warrants, traffic law enforcement, responding to domestic disputes, and other work applicable to law enforcement. Employee is highly visible in the community and exercises visible presence to prevent or abate crime. Employee must have the ability to develop a positive public image, display tact and firmness when interacting with criminal suspects or witnesses, apply reasoned and experienced judgment and discretion, and project a positive attitude. Work is performed under the direction of the immediate supervisor and is evaluated for effectiveness, visibility, compliance with standards, public support, and attainment of performance objectives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE- Graduation from high school or GED equivalency; some experience in law enforcement work is desired and an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field is preferred.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT EXAMPLES
- Must have obtained (and maintain) Basic Law Enforcement Training Certification (BLET) as a law enforcement officer by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education & Training Standards Commission (required to be continuously employed)
- Must successfully complete the department field training program
- The officer must successfully complete the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission requirements for probationary certification
SALARY RANGE: $35,712.91 – $53,569.37
Submit a completed Town Application and Police Officers Form F-3 Law Enforcement Personal History Statement. Both are available online at www.townofbeechmountain.com/employment. Submit application material electronically to email@example.com or mail / hand deliver to:
Town of Beech Mountain
Attention: Tamara Mercer, Town Clerk / HR Director
403 Beech Mountain Parkway
Beech Mountain, NC 28604
- Contact Police Chief Tim Barnett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-387-2342.
- Contact Town Clerk / HR Director Tamara Mercer at 828-387-4236.
Complete job description & benefit information is available at www.townofbeechmountain.com/employment.
Town of Beech Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer