Job Opportunities: TOWN OF BEECH MOUNTAIN
Employment Opportunity: 2 (two) Sanitation Worker Positions- performs routine manual labor. Position manages the recycling/convenience center and/or the collection of trash, garbage, recycling and yard waste in the Public Works Department. Hours: Fulltime with benefits. Sun thru Sat alternating scheduled weeks and hours. Open until position is filled.
Essential Duties and Tasks: Oversees the recycling/ convenience center; helps citizens unload and directs citizens to the layout of recycling materials at the center. Instructs and manages the safety of coworkers and citizens at convenience center. Works as a member of a garbage collection crew to load residential garbage from roadsides. Manually lifts cans into truck for emptying of refuse, operates packer blade to compact garbage. Cleans area around cans and picks up loose trash and litter along street and public rights-of-ways, maintains the grounds of the recycling/convenience center. Assists with cleaning and maintenance of trucks and tools. Tags/ rejects cans containing paint, manages electronics, furniture, appliances or other material prohibited from the land fill. Exposure to equipment,machines and machine noises and variations in atmospheric conditions.
Pay rate: $12.94 per hour, full-time with complete Town of Beech Mountain benefits package. Please contact Public Works at 828.387.9282, Matthew Clawson, Public Works/Sanitation Superintendent for more information or call Tamara Mercer,Town Clerk/HR Director, at 828-387-4236. The Town of Beech Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment Opportunity: 1 (one) Public Works Administrative Assistant Position- performs a variety of administrative support and office management duties in the Public Works and Utilities Departments. Employee works closely with department head in budgeting, purchasing, and procurement of equipment, supplies, and materials for the department; tracks budget expenditures; takes fees and payments and tracks receipts. Handles public requests for services or gathers information for staff; operates radio to communicate with field staff. Work is performed under the management of the Director of Infrastructure with regular direction provided by the Public Works Superintendent and Public Utilities Superintendent.
- Knowledge of GIS/ESRI program, data layering & mapping systems preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of Town departments, their functions, and operations.
- Considerable knowledge of arithmetic and its uses in general office work.
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of the application of information technology to modern office functions including word processing, data base management, spreadsheet design and usage, presentation software, and other related resources.
- Ability to plan and organize administrative support activities and tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities utilizing sound judgement and based on knowledge of departmental issues and needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and by telephone.
- Ability to gather and give basic information and instructions on departmental programs based on inquiries.
- Skill in customer service problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Ability to gather and compile materials from a variety of sources.
- Ability to operate any office machines required by the position such as computer, typewriter, calculator, or other equipment.
- Ability to arrange and place records, reports and files into a proper sequence and develop systems for retrieval and storage of departmental records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, supervisors, Town officials, and employees.
Working Conditions: Employee is primarily subject to inside environmental conditions typical of an office environment with some exposure to loud noises, exposure to machines, or variations in atmospheric conditions. Employee sits, stands, or walks the majority of the time. Education and Experience: Graduation from high school or GED equivalency and 3 – 5 years of responsible administrative support experience or an Associate’s Degree in business or related field of study related to the nature of the work performed is desired. Valid North Carolina driver license. FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Pay rate: $31,157.83 – $46,274.52, based on experience and knowledge. Full-time with complete Town of Beech Mountain benefits package. Please contact Public Works at 828.387.9282, Daniel Davis or Matthew Clawson for more information or call Town Clerk/HR Director, Tamara Mercer, email@example.com at 828-387-4236. The Town of Beech Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment Opportunity: 1 (one) Town Hall Administrative Assistant Position- Administrative Assistant for citizens and visitors entering Town Hall or any municipal facility. Emphasis of the work is on customer assistance by greeting visitors, answering telephone, taking and routing messages, processing work permits, processing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Serves as Administrative Assistant for Town Hall including serving the customers and citizens who visit the office reception; takes messages, forwards calls, and assists staff with visitors; distributes mail
- Answers requests for information from customers or the general public who use the Town’s services; identifies procedures that address needs or refer customer to proper staff member; follows-up with customers or other processes to insure proper disposition
- Performs related office duties as required
- Thorough knowledge of standard office practices and procedures, equipment and secretarial techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and by telephone
- Ability to make limited interpretations of policies and procedures within guidelines established by the Town
- Ability to develop and maintain moderately complex records; ability to provide administrative support to other personnel or to other Town departments when required, such as the Building Inspectors and Zoning Official as well as the Finance Officer.
- Ability to work independently on responsible and confidential assignments
Pay rate: $25,634.85 – $38,452.79, based on experience and education. Full-time with complete Town of Beech Mountain benefits package. Education and Experience: Graduation from high school or GED equivalency and 3 – 5 years of responsible administrative support experience or an Associate’s Degree in business or related field of study related to the nature of the work performed is desired. Valid North Carolina driver license. FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Please contact Town Manager, Tim Holloman, firstname.lastname@example.org or Town Clerk/HR Director, Tamara Mercer , email@example.com at 828-387-4236 for more information. The Town of Beech Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POLICE OFFICER I
An employee in this class performs general duty law enforcement work in varied areas of the department. Work includes patrol, investigating traffic accidents, investigating criminal activity, serving warrants, traffic law enforcement, responding to domestic disputes, and other work applicable to law enforcement. Employee is highly visible in the community and exercises visible presence to prevent or abate crime. Employee must have the ability to develop a positive public image, display tact and firmness when interacting with criminal suspects or witnesses, apply reasoned and experienced judgment and discretion, and project a positive attitude. Work is performed under the direction of the immediate supervisor and is evaluated for effectiveness, visibility, compliance with standards, public support, and attainment of performance objectives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE- Graduation from high school or GED equivalency; some experience in law enforcement work is desired and an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field is preferred.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT EXAMPLES
- Must obtain (and maintain) Basic Law Enforcement Certification (BLET) as a law enforcement officer by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education & Training Standards Commission (required to be continuously employed)
- Must successfully complete the department field training program
- The officer must successfully complete the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission requirements for probationary certification
SALARY RANGE: $35,359.32 – $53,038.98
Submit a completed Town Application and Police Officers Form F-3 Law Enforcement Personal History Statement. Both are available online at www.townofbeechmountain.com/employment. Submit application material electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail / hand deliver to:
Town of Beech Mountain
Attention: Tamara Mercer, Town Clerk / HR Director
403 Beech Mountain Parkway
Beech Mountain, NC 28604
- Contact Police Chief Tim Barnett at email@example.com or 828-387-2342.
- Contact Town Clerk / HR Director Tamara Mercer at 828-387-4236.
Complete job description & benefit information is available at www.townofbeechmountain.com/employment.
Town of Beech Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer