Garbage Bin Specifications
- Drawing depicts bin for two garbage containers
- Bin for three containers is to be 7-1/2′ x 2-1/2′ x 3’3″
- For four containers, two standard bins are to be used
- No Underground Trash Bins may be used
- All bins to be situated on level ground
- All wood to be pressure treated. Other suitable exterior material is acceptable.
- Bins shall have a “mailbox flag,” visible from the road, for notifying town personnel when pickup is necessary.
- Location to be determined in consultation with Town Manager or his designee
- Frame to be constructed from 2″ x 4″ or stronger material
- Pickets may be used. Maximum space between pickets NOT TO EXCEED 3/4″
- Alternate designs that meet the intent may be approved. Consult with the Town Manager or his designee.
NOTE: All cans should fit entirely within the bin provided, so measurements may have to be adjusted.